Accelerating Scientific Innovation
PENNSYLVANIA BIOTECHNOLOGY CENTER & HATCH BIOFUND
A Unique Ecosystem of Success
PABC’s unique ecosystem has advanced scientific discovery and success for hundreds of scientists through its extensive network, in-house scientific expertise and proven track record. Hatch BioFund companies have access to those same advantages.
The Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (PABC) is home to one of the most successful life sciences incubators in the US and a new BioAccelerator to advance early research concepts.
Ideally located in the center of the pharma belt between North Jersey and Philadelphia, Hatch BioFund benefits from a unique ecosystem with proximity to 70% of the pharmaceutical industry, scientific talent, and prestigious research universities, including: Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, Rutgers University, Jefferson University, Lehigh University, Temple University, and more.
Vast Partner Network
Vast Partner Network
PABC and Hatch BioFund are part of a vast partner network the defines the heart of the life sciences ecosystem in the region. This ecosystem consists of hundreds of entrepreneurial ventures, sponsor companies, venture capital firms and enstablish pharma and biotech organizations. The partner network offers access to knowledge, talent, funding and services designed to promote success.
Hatch BioFund at PABC is able to draw on scientific expertise from top pharmaceutical companies and prestigious research universities in the area. PABC and the Blumberg Institute is also home to Nobel Prize winners and serial entrepreneurs whose scientific expertise is unmatched in their areas of focus.
PABC is one of the nation’s most successful life sciences incubators, with a strong track record of success. Notable exits and recent investments include:
- Novira Therapeutics: acquired by Johnson & Johnson for an estimated $650 million
- Arbutus Biopharma: publicly traded, valued at $400 million with two drugs in human trials
- Callidus Biopharma: acquired by Amicus Therapeutics for $130 million
- Enantigen Therapeutics: acquired by OnCore Biopharma for an undisclosed amount
- OrthogenRx: private and valued at over $100 million
- Antegene: recently raised $97 million
- Tiziana Life Sciences: raised $57 million for research on a inhalation therapy for Covid-19, plus clinical trials for a drug to treat a common liver cancer